KY 3503/Empire Drive Sidewalk
Facility: Empire Drive (KY 3503 and KY 2847)
Location: KY 1829 (Industrial Road) to US 25 (Dixie Highway)
Project Type: Bike/Ped
Priority Level: Tier 2
- Construct a sidewalk along the east and south sides of the roadway.
|Design||Utilities||Right of Way||Construction||TOTAL|
- This project will provide a continuous sidewalk to connect TANK bus stops with businesses along Empire Drive.
- This project supports Boone County’s goal of improving bicycle and pedestrian connectivity and safety throughout the county. Click HERE for a map of multi-use paths in Boone County.
- The sidewalk project will require additional right-of-way.
- There are several overhead utilities that run along both sides of Empire Drive that may be impacted.
- There are three at-grade Norfolk Southern railroad crossings along the route. Coordination with the railroad will be needed to implement this project.
Functional Classification: KY 3503 (Empire Drive): Major Collector | KY 2847 (Empire Drive): Local
- Empire Drive serves several industries along the corridor. Many employees that work at these facilities rely on TANK services for transportation to and from work.
- By year 2040, employment along Empire Drive is expected to increase by approximately 500 jobs.
- Within the five-year crash analysis period (2012-2016), there was one pedestrian-involved crash along Empire Drive.
- There are 13 TANK stops along the route that serve TANK routes 1 and 28X.
- There are no pedestrian facilities along Empire Drive that connect the TANK stops with businesses. Employees that ride the bus or want to take a walk during work are limited to walking either in private parking lots, grass utility strips or along the roadway.