KY 3076 (Mineola Pike) Widening
Facility: KY 3076 (Mineola Pike)
Location: KY 236 (Donaldson Highway) to the I-275 eastbound ramps
Project Type: Bike/Ped
Priority Level: Tier 1
- Widen KY 3076 (Mineola Pike) from two to four travel lanes to support freight and improve mobility between the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) and I-275.
- Construct a multi-use path along the improved roadway to connect to the CVG Loop Trail and provide multi-modal connections to transit stops.
|Design||Utilities||Right of Way||Construction||TOTAL|
- Improved capacity at the I-275 interchange with KY 3076 (Mineola Pike) will improve existing congestion, as well as support traffic generated from expansion of development within and around of CVG.
- This connection will improve multi-modal connections to the stops along TANKs route 2X.
- The project will provide a continuous pedestrian connection from KY 236 (Donaldson Highway) to Airport Exchange Boulevard.
- In combination with the recommended improvements to the I-275 interchange at KY 3076, this project will provide a pedestrian connection from the CVG Loop Trail to Olympic Boulevard.
- This recommendation aligns with Boone County’s overall goal of improved bicycle and pedestrian connectivity and safety. Click HERE for a map of multi-use paths in Boone County.
- Industrial development within and around CVG is occurring rapidly. The construction schedule of this project and coordination with planned development will be essential to reduce congestion related impacts to businesses in this area.
- Additional right-of-way will be needed to construct improvements at the interchange.
Functional Classification: KY 3076 – Major Collector
Existing ADT: 11,240 vehicles per day
2040 Forecasted ADT: 15,100 vehicles per day
Truck Volume: 11%
- KY 3076 (Mineola Pike) serves as a primary connecting route between I-275, the South Airfield Drive entrance to the CVG, KY 236 (Donaldson Highway), and industrial development east of the airport.
- Freight distribution activities at CVG is expected to grow dramatically which will significantly increase the volume of traffic to the south of the interchange. As development continues to expand in and around CVG, it is essential to provide reliable mobility to serve these facilities.
- The KY 3076 interchange serves a mix of industrial, business park and commercial development. This type of development is expected to expand by 2040.
- Many employees that work within the project area rely on TANK services for transportation.
- When the crash rate along KY 3076 is compared to the statewide average for similar roadways, the crash rate increases from at or below the statewide average near KY 236 to 90 percent above the statewide average at the I-275 interchange.
- There are no dedicated bicycle or pedestrian facilities along existing KY 3076.
- TANK fixed route 2X serves CVG and the development to the east of the airport. KY 3076 is part of this route.