KY 3076 (Mineola Pike) Interchange Modification
Location: KY 3076 (Mineola Pike)
Project Type: Roadway Widening/Relocation/New Facility
Priority Level: Tier 1
- Perform an Interchange Modification Study (IMS) to reconstruct the interchange at KY 3076 (Mineola Pike) to improve congestion and support economic development.
- Provide pedestrian facilities across I-275.
- Construct the improvements as recommended.
|Planning||Design||Utilities||Right of Way||Construction||TOTAL|
- Improved capacity at the I-275 interchange with KY 3076 (Mineola Pike) will improve existing congestion, as well as support traffic generated from expansion of development within and east of the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG).
- The project creates a pedestrian connection across I-275. The pedestrian facilities proposed are consistent with Boone County’s overall goal of improved bicycle and pedestrian connectivity and safety. Click HERE for a map of multi-use paths in Boone County.
- Industrial development within and around CVG is occurring rapidly. The construction schedule of this project will be essential to reduce congestion related impacts to businesses in this area.
- Additional right-of-way will be needed to construct improvements at the interchange.
- I-275 – Interstate
- KY 3076 – Major Collector
- I-275 – 74,280 vehicles per day
- KY 3076 – 11,240 vehicles per day
2040 Forecasted ADT:
- I-275 – 101,900 vehicles per day
- KY 3076 – 15,100 vehicles per day
- I-275 – 11%
- KY 3076 – 11%
- KY 3076 (Mineola Pike) serves as a primary connecting route between I-275, the South Airfield Drive entrance to the CVG, KY 236 (Donaldson Highway), and industrial development east of the airport.
- Currently, the heaviest movement of vehicles is from I-275 to the development along Airport Exchange Boulevard which includes a mix of industrial land uses and hotels.
- Freight distribution activities at CVG and along Airport Exchange Boulevard is expected to grow dramatically which will significantly increase the volume of truck and employee traffic through the interchange. As development continues to expand in and around CVG, it is essential to provide reliable mobility to serve these facilities.
- The KY 3076 interchange serves a mix of industrial, business park and commercial development. This type of development is expected to expand by 2040.
- In addition to the expanded distribution development at CVG, employment within the area is expected to increase by over 1,500 jobs by 2040.
- The crash rate along KY 3076 at the I-275 interchange is almost 90 percent higher than the average crash rate on similar roadways.
- There are no dedicated bicycle or pedestrian facilities along existing KY 3076.
- TANK fixed route 2X serves CVG and the development to the east of the airport. The I-275 interchange with KY 3076 is an essential component of this route.