KY 3076 (Mineola Pike) Extension Phase 1
Facility: KY 3076 (Mineola Pike)
Location: South Airfield Drive to KY 236 (Donaldson Highway)
Project Type: Roadway Widening/Relocation/New Facility
Priority Level: Tier 1
- Extend KY 3076 (Mineola Pike) approximately 0.5 miles from KY 236 (Donaldson Highway) to South Airfield Drive to provide a direct connection from the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) to I-275.
- Install multi-use path improvements in conjunction with the CVG Loop Trail.
|Planning||Design||Utilities||Right of Way||Construction||TOTAL|
- Mobility in northeastern Boone County will be improved by providing a direct connection to I-275 from KY 1070 and CVG.
- The new roadway will improve existing congestion, as well as support traffic generated from expansion of development within and east of CVG.
- The multi-use trail included in this project will provide a portion of the CVG Loop Trail. This recommendation is consistent with Boone County’s overall goal of improved bicycle and pedestrian safety and connectivity. Click HERE for a map of multi-use paths in Boone County.
- Industrial development within and around CVG is occurring rapidly. The construction schedule of this project will be essential to reduce congestion related impacts to businesses in this area.
- Additional right-of-way will be needed to construct improvements at the interchange.
- This project will require coordination with CVG to determine final alignment.
Functional Classification: Existing KY 3076 – Major Collector
- KY 3076 (Mineola Pike) serves as a primary connecting route between I-275, the South Airfield Drive entrance to the CVG, KY 236, and industrial development east of the airport.
- Freight distribution activities at CVG are expected to grow dramatically which will increase the volume of traffic that uses South Airfield Drive and the need for a more direct connection between KY 1017, KY 236, and KY 3076. As development expands in and around CVG, it is essential to provide reliable mobility to serve these facilities.
- The KY 3076 interchange serves a mix of industrial, business park and commercial development. This type of development is expected to expand by the year 2040.
- Distribution related development is planned at CVG which is expected to add at minimum 2,700 jobs to the project area.
- In addition to the development planned at CVG, employment within the project area is expected to grow by over 1,000 jobs.
- There are no dedicated bicycle or pedestrian facilities along the existing KY 3076. However, multi-use paths are included in adjacent recommendations such as KY 3076 Extension Phase 2, KY 236 (Donaldson Highway) Widening, KY 3076 Widening, and the I-275 interchange reconstruction at KY 3076.
- There is an existing multi-use path along KY 1017 (Aero Parkway) which serves as the initial piece of the CVG Loop Trail.
- TANK fixed route 2X serves CVG and development to the east of the airport. Existing KY 3076 is part of this route.