Kentaboo Avenue Sidewalk
Facility: Kentaboo Avenue (CS 1160)
Location: Curtis Avenue to the Boone County Line
Project Type: Bike/Ped
Priority Level: Tier 1
- Construct 3,720 feet of sidewalk along the south side of the roadway to connect homes and churches to Florence Park.
|Design||Utilities||Right of Way||Construction||TOTAL|
- New, safe bicycle and pedestrian connection from residential properties to nearby churches, parks, commercial properties, TANK stops, and schools.
- This project is consistent with Boone County’s overall goal of improved safety and connectivity for bicycles and pedestrians. Click HERE for a map of multi-use paths in Boone County.
- The sidewalk project will require additional right-of-way.
- A potential funding source of this project could be a TA grant through OKI. If awarded, this project will need to follow the LPA process to meet federal funding requirements.
- As written, the project stops approximately 600 feet north of the existing sidewalk network on US 42. The City of Florence may consider partnering with the City of Erlanger to adjust the project limits and complete the sidewalk connection.
Functional Classification: Local
- Kentaboo Avenue is a residential street that serves churches and Florence Park. Additionally, there are several schools within walking distance. The John W Mile Elementary school is within one half mile of the proposed sidewalk project.
- Several commercial properties are located along US 42.
- There is only one, 700 foot segment of sidewalk along the east side of Kentaboo Avenue. Otherwise there are no dedicated bicycle or pedestrian facilities along the route.
- TANK Fixed Routes 1 and 35x run along US 42 within the project area.