Conner Road Multi-Use Path
Facility: Conner Road (CR 1042B)
Location: KY 237 (North Bend Road) to KY 20 (Petersburg Road)
Project Type: Bike/Ped
Priority Level: Tier 1
- Construct approximately 1.3 miles of multi-use path along the roadway to be included as part of the CVG Trail and to connect Conner High School to surrounding residential and commercial development.
- Include curb and gutter where necessary.
|Design||Utilities||Right of Way||Construction||TOTAL|
- A dedicated bicycle and pedestrian facility would be provided along Conner Road to connect residential properties and Conner High School to the Cincinnati-Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) loop trail network.
- The project would connect to a proposed multi-use path along KY 237 and to an existing sidewalk along KY 20.
- The project will provide pedestrian signals at the KY 237 intersection with Conner Road to connect the existing sidewalk along Wright Boulevard and the proposed multi-use path along KY 237.
- The proposed multi-use path will support Boone County’s overall goal of improving safety and connectivity for bicycles and pedestrians. Click HERE for a map of multi-use paths in Boone County.
- The sidewalk project will require additional right-of-way.
- There are overhead utilities that run along the north-east side of Conner Road.
Functional Classification: Local
- Conner Road is a local street that serves commercial and industrial land uses on the south-east end of the project. The roadway serves residential properties and Conner High School towards the northwest end of the project.
- The CVG Trail has much community support including a group known as the Friends of CVG Trail. This trail is a network of multi-use paths that will form a loop around the CVG airport. This multi-use path would contribute to the CVG Loop Trail network.
- There is an existing portion of sidewalk, approximately 1,000 feet in length, along the northeast side of Conner Road.
- There is an existing sidewalk along the southern portion of Wright Boulevard.
- A multi-use path is proposed as part of an active project along KY 237.