Youell Road Connector
Facility: Youell Road Connector/New Roadway
Location: KY 1017 (Aero Parkway) to KY 237 (North Bend Road)
Project Type: Roadway Widening/Relocation/New Facility
Priority Level: Tier 1
- Construct a new, five lane roadway to connect KY 1017 (Aero Parkway) and KY 237 (North Bend Road) south of the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG) to assist in accommodating future, planned industrial development on KY 1017.
- Install a multi-use path along the roadway.
- Connect the new Youell Road Connector to Limaburg Road. Consider extending Distribution Drive and Production Drive to complete connections to the new roadway.
|Design||Utilities||Right of Way||Construction||TOTAL|
- The Youell Road Connector will provide a new route along the southwest side of the airport. The new route will improve east-west mobility for vehicular, truck, bicycle and pedestrian traffic, and reduce traffic volumes on KY 18 (Burlington Pike) and Limaburg Road.
- The proposed multi-use path along the Youell Road connector is a piece of the proposed CVG Loop Trail. This recommendation is consistent with Boone County’s overall goal of improving bicycle and pedestrian connectivity and safety. Click HERE for a map of multi-use paths in Boone County.
- Additional right-of-way will be needed to implement improvements.
- Gunpowder Creek runs through properties located southwest of CVG. Depending on the preferred alignment chose for the Youell Road Connector, one or multiple crossings of the creek will be necessary.
- There are a few hazardous material sites within the vicinity of the project that may be impacted.
- KY 18 and Limaburg Road provide current roadway connections between KY 1017 and KY 237. KY 18 is currently congested and traffic from planned industrial- and distribution-related development in and around CVG is expected to increase volumes and delay on the surrounding roadway network.
- Land uses in the project vicinity are primarily industrial, commercial, and residential.
- The 2040 land use map shows an expansion of industrial land use through the project area.
- By year 2040, employment in the area adjacent to the proposed roadway is expected to grow by approximately 600 jobs.
- TANK route 32x runs along KY 18 from Burlington to downtown Cincinnati. This route serves a Park & Ride facility in the Kroger shopping plaza between KY 237 and KY 1017.
- There is an existing multi-use path along KY 1017 and proposed multi-use paths for KY 237 and KY 18. These multi-use paths comprise portions of the CVG Loop Trail network.