Bullittsville Road Phase 2
Facility: New Facility
Location: Connection west from Gateway Boulevard to Bullittsville Road
Project Type: Roadway Widening/Relocation/New Facility
Priority Level: Tier 2
- Install a two-lane extension of Gateway Boulevard connecting to the west with existing Bullittsville Road.
- Construct a multi-use path to extend the existing pedestrian accommodations from KY 237 to Bullittsville Road.
|Right of Way
- By improving east-west mobility between KY 237 (North Bend Road) and Bullittsville Road, additional routes will be available connecting Hebron to I-275. Travel demand and dependency on KY 237 and KY 20 (Petersburg Road) will be reduced.
- This roadway will improve access to future industrial development along Bullittsville Road.
- By providing pedestrian accommodations, there will be a new east-west connection between the proposed multi-use path on KY 237 and the proposed multi-use path on Bullittsville Road.
- The conceptual alignment of the recommended Youell Road Connector indicates a possible connection to KY 237 at the existing Gateway Boulevard intersection. The construction of the Gateway Boulevard extension will complete the connection of this roadway to Bullittsville Road.
- The multi-use path that is included in this recommendation supports Boone County’s goal of improving bicycle and pedestrian connectivity and safety throughout the county. Click HERE for a map of multi-use paths in Boone County.
- Coordination between the Bullittsville Road Phase 1 improvement and planned development is needed to determine the best location for this new roadway extension’s connection with Bullittsville Road.
- Depending on the preferred alignment, the project may require crossing Allen Fork.
- A potential historic site on the National Register of Historic Places has been identified in the project area.
- Additional right-of-way will be required to construct this new roadway extension of Gateway Boulevard.
Functional Classification: TBD (Existing Gateway Boulevard is a Local Road)
Existing ADT: not available
2040 Forecasted ADT: not available
- Currently, the only east-west connection between KY 237 and Bullittsville Road is Conrad Lane.
- Existing Bullittsville Road is a two-lane facility. Although it connects Hebron and Burlington, it is currently used as a local route.
- The future interchange at Graves Road is expected to increase traffic and the proportion of trucks that will use this facility.
- Existing land uses served by this roadway are primarily agricultural, woodlands, institutional and industrial. Land use expected in this area for 2040 is primarily business parks.
- An additional 500 jobs are expected by 2040 in the properties south of Gateway Boulevard.
- There are several multi-use path projects that are currently in design or included in a recommendation that will connect to this project. There is a multi-use path project along KY 237 that has received funding. Multi-use paths are also recommended in the Bullittsville Road Phase 1 and Youell Road Connector projects.