Bender Road Bridge Replacement
Facility: Bender Road (CR 1213)
Location: Bender Road Bridge over Big Bone Creek at Milepost 0.235
Project Type: Bridge Replacement/Repair
Priority Level: Tier 1
- Replace Bender Road Bridge over Big Bone Creek.
Cost Estimate (2017 $):
|Design||Utilities||Right of Way||Construction||TOTAL|
- The bridge replacement project will address flooding issues associated with the bridge.
- The project will resolve structural issues associated with the bridge.
- A bridge replacement project in this area will need to avoid or mitigate environmental impacts that may include historic sites, a state conservation area and an agricultural district.
Functional Classification: Local Road
Existing ADT: 25 vehicles per day
- Existing Bender Road Bridge is on a local, rural roadway with minimal traffic volumes. This roadway is the sole means of access to several properties. Stakeholder input indicated that this bridge often floods, blocking access to these properties.
- Existing Bender Road Bridge is on a local roadway that serves rural residential, woodlands and agricultural land uses.
- There are two potentially historic sites identified near the project.
- The project is located near Big Bone Lick State Park, a state park and a designated state conservation area.
- The existing bridge has a sufficiency rating of 44.5 on a scale from 0 to 100, and is classified as structurally deficient.